Together we are making a difference in the future of our community
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Teach My People. Without them we would not be able to provide the quality after-school and summer programs that we do. Our Board of Directors, homework tutors, office assistants, prayer warriors, chefs, cleaning crew, and numerous church and civic groups give their time to ensure that our building is maintained and that our children are receiving opportunities for enrichment and exposure to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Volunteers are always welcomed and needed. Below is variety of ways in which you can help. Our students’ lives can be enriched in many different ways.
For more information call us at (843) 237-8737 or email email@example.com. You can also download our volunteer application and drop it off to us at our Teach My People Center on Waverly Road in Pawleys Island.
- Helping with homework (in the classroom with teacher)
- Driving the school bus (must have Commercial Driver’s License)
- Decorating bulletins boards (seasonally, special occasions)
- Providing supplies for particular events, such as monthly birthday parties
- Skill Development
- Cooking, baking
- Music (singing and musical instruments)
- Helping with summer activities
- Working at reception desk in main office (9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm)
- Working in the Kitchen
- Doing lawn care, planting/caring for plants
- Maintaining prayer garden
- Painting, general handiwork
- Plumbing, electrical, carpentry
- Cleaning the building
- Business Relations &Development
- Church Relations & Development
- Service Organization Relations & Development
- In-Kind Resource Development
- Grant Development
- Special Events
- Marketing and Public Relations
Matching gifts from employers
Many larger corporations and companies have matching gift programs. If you are employed or retired, you may want to inquire as to whether your company has a matching gift program. Your gift may double the impact through corporate matching gifts. Your employer may also donate a certain dollar amount for all or a portion of each hour you volunteer at Teach My People.
Gifts from Investments and Securities
As a new benefit to our donors, Teach My People may now accept gifts of investments and securities. A gift of appreciated stock or mutual fund shares often provides multiple benefits:
•Teach My People receives a charitable deduction for the fair market value of the securities at the time of the contribution
•You, the donor, is not taxed on the capital gain that would result if you sold the property
•You become a part of this incredible ministry that is equipping at-risk youth with the tools and skills they need to overcome academic, economic, and social challenges based on Christian principles and values
If you are interested in making a gift of securities or would like information on charitable giving techniques, please contact Mike Peck, Financial Advisor, of Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC at 843-267-8611.